Imagine only hitting the gas station once a month. A fantasy? Far from it. In fact, Volt drivers who charge regularly are averaging 900 miles, or about a month between fill-ups.1
With the extended range Volt, you don’t have to choose between electric or gas. You have the option of both. First is the advanced lithium–ion battery that allows you to drive gas-free for an EPA-estimated 38 miles. But Volt doesn’t stop there.
There’s also an onboard gas generator that produces electricity so you can travel a total of 380 miles on a full charge and full tank of gas1. Now that’s long-range savings.
Volt is loaded with the latest technology, including push-button start and a 7-inch diagonal touch-screen.
Check your battery charge or get an alert when a charge is complete through the OnStar® RemoteLink2 mobile app.
Stream your music, charge your phone and stay connected on the go with the standard USB port3
It doesn’t get much simpler than that. For less than the cost of a latte, you can fully charge your Volt and drive an EPA-estimated 38 miles gas-free1 Choose a standard 120V charging unit5 that allows you to plug into an electrical outlet and fully charge the battery in about 10 to 16 hours, based on charging levels and outside temperature. Or opt for an available 240V charging station that reduces your charging time to approximately four hours. Professional installation required. For more information, visit SPX Service Solutions at www.pluginnow.com/residential
It’s more than an app — it’s a community of Volt owners engaged in friendly competition. You can track the efficiency of your Volt and set goals to maximize it. Then one-up other Volt drivers to earn achievements, scorecards and a spot on the leaderboards. Better yet, it’s all in the name of gallons saved.
Take charge of your battery. The OnStar RemoteLink™ mobile app7 shows the battery level and charge mode of your Volt –120V or 240V — right on your smartphone. You’ll be able to remotely verify that your Volt is plugged in, schedule a future charging time and receive charge alerts. Beyond the battery, this app also lets you lock or unlock, or remotely start your Volt from anywhere.
Download the myChevrolet8 app to add convenience to your day — like the ability to easily find your Volt on the parking reminders map or get roadside assistance when you need it. You also get fast access to your Owner’s Manual, and you can schedule a service appointment from the comfort of your couch, or wherever the day takes you.
The connection is direct: head, right foot, motor, power. Without a traditional transmission, 273 lb.-ft. of low-end torque has nowhere to go except to the tires and pavement. This helps explain why a vehicle with an electric propulsion system can feel so powerful and exhilarating. No wonder Volt has the ability to reach a test-track speed of 100 mph. There’s the smooth whisper-like quiet ride, perfect for expressing your astonishment. Out loud, of course.
The 2013 Volt received a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score for safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration9 and was named a 2012 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. When it comes to safety, these are coveted accolades.
If a moderate to severe collision occurs, Volt is designed to respond instantly with eight standard air bags10 — including head-curtain side-impact air bags for outboard front and rear occupants, plus frontal side-impact and knee air bags for the driver and front passenger. Meanwhile, the cabin is reinforced with high-strength steel throughout. But our protective measures don’t end there.
Should a collision occur, crucial information can be automatically relayed to the OnStar® Command Center via OnStar® Automatic Crash Response11. There, trained OnStar Advisors utilize GPS technology to pinpoint your exact location and can request that assistance be sent right away—even if you’re unable to respond. OnStar is standard for three years.
Inside the cockpit you’ll discover new technology that empowers your driving experience like never before. Two interactive color LCD screens allow you to monitor information and get efficiency feedback based on your driving style. You can even set up your Volt to make the most of charging times. If rates are lower at certain times of the day or night your Volt can be scheduled to charge only when the price is right. Electricity costs vary, so check with your provider for your rates and to determine the best time to charge your Volt.
Just like the exterior, Volt has an interior with a flow of its own. New in 2013 is the available Comfort Package that includes heated front cloth seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Or step up to the Premium Trim Package that adds leather-appointed seat trim, heated front seats and a rear seat center armrest.
Loaded with convenient storage compartments, Volt is resourceful in more ways than one. Lower the split-folding rear seats for maximum versatility and cargo space. Cup holders, storage bins, door panel storage, cargo space12—10.6 cubic feet to be exact—all the things you’d expect are there. What you don’t expect is a dedicated umbrella pocket and another storage area for the standard 120V charging cord.
Use the quote box on the left to contact your local Chevy dealer today.
1. EPA-estimated on 98 MPGe (electric); 35 MPG city/40 highway (gas). Actual range varies with conditions.
2. Available on select iPhone, Android and BlackBerry devices. Services vary by phone, vehicle and conditions. Requires active OnStar subscription which is standard for the first three years.
3. Not compatible with all devices.
4. Based on national average of 12 cents per kWh and 13.2 kWh for a full charge ($1.58). Electricity costs vary. Check with your provider for your rates.
5. Using the portable 120V charge cord will take approximately 16 hours at the 8-amp default setting, and can be reduced to 10 hours at the 12-amp setting.
6. Available on select iPhone and Android devices. Services vary by phone, vehicle and conditions. Requires active OnStar subscription, which is standard for the first three years.
7. Requires Android or iPhone platform and active OnStar subscription, which is included for three years.
8. Requires Android or iPhone platform.
9. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program.
10. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained.
11. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.
12. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution