For more than 50 years, Impala has delivered refinement and efficiency in a sedan millions have come to rely on. And every year, Impala offers improvements that reaffirm its already noteworthy reputation.
Impala blends full-size car comfort and midsize car efficiency, offering up to 30 MPG highway1. The 3.6L V6 engine and 6-speed automatic transmission combine impressive power and smooth performance to make passing and merging effortless in all conditions. It's simply no surprise the Impala is so popular.
Impala's aerodynamic styling means more than good fuel efficiency. It satisfies drivers and bystanders alike with generous interior space and classic full size styling cues. Dual rear exhaust tips adorn the aggressive rear fascia. And beneath the flowing backlight, Impala conceals a full 18.6 ft3 of trunk space.
Go ahead: Stretch out. With an expansive interior unmatched by top-dollar luxury sedans, Impala offers value that's all but vanished from full-size cars today. Cargo space is no different, with access to 18.6 ft3 of trunk space via a versatile flip-and-fold-flat rear seat (standard on LTZ and LT). Need room for more?.
The Impala offers a number of seating and storage options, allowing you to configure the interior to maximize space and your passengers' comfort. It's one of the few cars with seating options for either five or six passengers - and plenty of room in the trunk for their luggage.
Designed to offer highway fuel economy that Maxima just can't match2, Impala comes standard with an all-new 3.6L V6 engine. Up to 30 MPG highway1 and smooth, effortless power prove that Impala can satisfy spirited drivers without causing them to sacrifice at the pump.
Impala delivers its power and efficiency thanks to advanced engineering. Powertrain features on every 2013 Impala include direct gasoline injection, Variable Valve Timing, 6-speed automatic transmission and E85 FlexFuel capability3.
Premium sound elevates the luxurious interior with an eight-speaker sound system engineered to Impala acoustics. Standard on LTZ models and available with the luxury package on LT models.
Have upcoming turns and street names displayed on the Driver Information Center or hear directions from the automated voice with Turn-by-Turn Navigation through OnStar®, with Directions & Connections®4. Standard for the first six months.
Enjoy music channels along with compelling talk, news, comedy, family programming and much more from coast to coast. A three-month trial is standard and a full twelve months comes with the luxury package on LT models.
Easily view detailed information on a variety of vehicle functions, including the Oil-Life Monitor and the Tire Pressure Monitor6.
Stay connected to your life while keeping your eyes on the road ahead of you. Take calls with the touch of a button. Standard on all LS, LT and LTZ models.
Stay connected to your Impala with the myChevrolet8 mobile app with the connectivity of OnStar RemoteLink™9. Start your vehicle if factory equipped with remote start, check diagnostics, contact roadside assistance, schedule routine maintenance and more. Available from the iTunes Store and Google Play.
In Impala you'll find vehicle safety features that help prevent crashes, but in the event of a collision Impala helps protect you and your passengers with an extensive approach to safety applied to every Chevrolet vehicle - before, during and after.
The StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control system assists the driver with directional control of the vehicle in difficult driving conditions. Sensors monitor the path being steered and the direction the vehicle is actually turning. If a difference is detected, StabiliTrak® selectively applies brake pressure to the appropriate wheel to help get the vehicle back on track.
In the event of a collision, you and your passengers are enclosed in a steel safety cage supported by reinforced steel used for the roof, vertical pillars and side door beams to help maintain passenger space. And every Impala includes six standard air bags10: dual-stage frontal air bags, side-impact air bags for the driver and right-front passenger; and head-curtain side-impact air bags for front and rear outboard occupants.
Impala offers the unmatched lifesaving technology of OnStar®. In the event of a crash, you're automatically connected to help through OnStar with Directions & Connections® - including Automatic Crash Response - standard for the first six months4. Learn more about OnStar.
1. EPA-estimated. Vehicles not equipped with E85 FlexFuel capability offer an EPA-estimated 18 MPG city/29 highway.
2. Based on EPA estimates. Nissan Maxima: 19 MPG city/26 hwy.
3. Not available in CA, CT, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT and WA. E85 is a combination of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. Go to chevy.com/biofuels to see if there is an E85 fuel station near you.
4. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.
5. Requires a subscription sold separately by Sirius XM after trial period. Available only in the 48 contiguous United States and Washington, D.C. Visit gm.xmradio.com for details.
6. Excludes spare tire.
7. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle.
8. Requires iPhone or Android platform.
9. Available on iPhone or select Android and Blackberry devices. Please visit onstar.com/mobile for more details. Active OnStar subscription which is standard for six months.
10. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained.